Advising and Tutoring
For information on undergraduate majors and minors, General Education requirements and other advising questions, visit your school's advising office or click on one of the following links:
- College of Community and Public Affairs - email email@example.com
- Decker School of Nursing
- Harpur College of Arts and Sciences - contact information at http://www.binghamton.edu/harpur/advising/contact/index.html
- School of Management (SOM)
- Watson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutoring Services for Undergraduates
More information on tutoring services available for undergraduate students can be found at the following websites:
- University Tutorial Services. University Tutorial Services offers group and walk-in tutoring in over 100 undergraduate courses. UTS offers online tutoring in math, writing, chemistry, and accounting on a limited basis. In addition, UTS provides tutoring in general study skills training, such as note taking, test preparation, and time management. In partnership with the ELI department, UTS also offers English Language Institute (ELI) tutors. For more information, go to http://www.binghamton.edu/tutoring.
- Student Support Services/TRIO. Student Support Services provides drop-in tutoring under the Guiding Undergraduates in Learning Directive. Subjects tutored include math, physics, biology, introduction to chemistry, organic chemistry, computer science, psychology, economics (including econometrics), and writing. For more information, go to http://www.binghamton.edu/student-support-services/.
- Writing Center. The Writing Center offers free writing tutoring to all Binghamton University students. Students can come at any stage in the writing process and speak with a tutor who is versed in writing pedagogy and trained by a writing specialist. For more information, go to http://www.binghamton.edu/writing/writing-center/index.html.