Watson School Intra-University Transfer (IUT) or Double Degree (DD)
We welcome your application for internal transfer or double degree to the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science. Admission to the Watson School is selective. Review the specific requirements for engineering and computer science majors and meet with a Watson academic advisor. Note: Fulfilling requirements does not guarantee admission.
A 3.0 cumulative GPA average or higher is required (3.2 or higher for mechanical engineering).
Students must have completed and demonstrated success in the following courses:
- Chemistry 111
- Math 224/225
- Physics 131 Writing/Composition and math/science/computer science (8 credits total):
- Students seeking and IUT or double degree need to substitute four credits in writing/composition for WTSN 103 and 104 AND substitute four credits in math, science and/or computer science for WTSN 111 and 112 (Watson enrollment for WTSN 103, 104, 111 and 112 are restricted to freshmen.)
- Course substitutions are reviewed and approved under advisement from Watson School Advising.
- General education: Eight credits of general education requirements are strongly suggested, but not mandatory.
Computer science majors
A 3.2 cumulative GPA or higher is required.
Students must have earned a 3.2 or higher in the following courses:
- Math 224/225
- Math 226/227
- Students are enrolled in computer science courses on a space-available basis by permission of the undergraduate director (CS 110, 120, 140, 220 and 240).
Before completing and submitting your application online via BU BRAIN you must meet with a Watson academic advisor.
Watson School Advising Office
Engineering Building, EB-M00