Freshman Applicants: Get Started Here
1. Apply Online Using Either of These Applications:
2. Check E-mail for B-Number and User ID and Activate Password
About 5 days after we receive your application, we'll e-mail you a B-Number and User ID. Once you receive your B-Number and User ID, activate your password. You must do this before you can successfully complete the rest of your application.
3. Submit Transcript via SOAR
Freshmen are required to submit a high-school transcript. Binghamton strongly encourages you to use SOAR, the SUNY online academic record system, since it gives you instant confirmation that your transcript has been received. To get started, obtain a copy of your unofficial high-school transcript from your school counselor and go to the SOAR website.
4. Request Official Test Scores
Using SOAR to self-report your SAT/ACT scores fulfills the test score requirement for your admissions application. However, if you're admitted to and enroll at Binghamton, you'll be required to have your official test scores sent electronically from the testing agency.
- SAT reasoning test: Our SAT code is 2535. We only accept scores electronically. Contact College Board at www.collegeboard.org for more information.
- ACT with writing scores: Our ACT code is 2956. Contact ACT at www.act.org or 319–337–1000 for more information.
5. Submit 1 Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
Binghamton will review 1 teacher/counselor recommendation. There are several ways for your recommender to submit:
- Binghamton University's Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Form (114k .pdf)
- The Common Application (required as part of The Common Application)
- Your recommender may use his or her own form/letter and mail it to Binghamton University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, P.O. BOX 6001, Binghamton, NY 13902-6001
6. Additional Requirements for EOP Program Applicants
Learn about the additional requirements for applicants to Binghamton's Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).
Early Action Decisions
The Admissions Committee is finalizing Early Action decisions. We appreciate your patience as we thoroughly review each application. All Early Action applicants will receive an admissions decision no later than January 15. Please check your email, mailbox and/or the online status checker for updates and to ensure your application is complete.
Dates and Deadlines
Early action deadline: November 15
- All required application materials (transcripts and test scores) must be submitted by December 2.
- Binghamton will provide early action decisions by January 15.
Regular admission deadline: January 15
- All required application materials (transcripts and test scores) must be submitted by January 15.
- Binghamton will provide regular admission decisions by April 1.
Check Status of Your Application Regularly
Once you've applied, you should regularly check the status of your application. To do this, you'll need a User ID and password. About 5 days after we receive your application, we'll e-mail you a Binghamton University B-Number and User ID. Once you receive these, you'll need to activate your password, and then you can check your application status.