Information for International Applicants
With more than 3,000 international students from 115+ different countries, Binghamton University's campus is rich with different cultures and perspectives. Binghamton has won 8 awards for internationalizing the campus and its curriculum. Go right to our international student application directions or read more about the University below.
Binghamton University is recognized by prestigious organizations, and admission is highly selective. We are smaller than a typical research university, which means you will have the chance to collaborate closely with award-winning faculty and peers. Our graduates go on to successful careers and pursue advanced degrees.
- Find out what others are saying about Binghamton University
- Explore our majors, minors and more
- Learn about our outstanding faculty
- Check out who studies at Binghamton
- If you are an international transfer student interested in the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science, explore the school's 2+2 International Transfer Program
Located hours away from major metropolitan areas such as New York City; Philadelphia; Boston; and Washington, D.C.; the Greater Binghamton region is a safe, friendly and affordable community that offers residents a unique blend of rural life and urban appeal.
- Learn more about Binghamton University
- View our location
- Schedule a campus visit
- Explore our visit alternatives
- Read about campus safety
With 300+ amazingly diverse student clubs and organizations, there are thousands of ways to get involved at Binghamton! International students are sure to connect with new friends whether you choose to live off campus or in one of our six residential communities. Either way, you don't need a car since housing is convenient to bus routes and local bus transportation is free for students.
- Discover life at Binghamton
- Explore our residential communities
- Check out student clubs and organizations
- Learn about Off Campus College offerings
A Best Value
Binghamton University offers an elite education and, because it's public, at a fraction of the cost of U.S. private schools. In fact, Binghamton is a top 5 best value in the USA among public colleges (Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine and The Princeton Review, 2014). International students must submit documentation of sufficient funds to cover educational and living expenses for the duration of study, as financial aid is unavailable. Find out more about the cost of attendance at Binghamton.
Connect with Us
- Phone us at 01–607–777–2171
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- E-mail us for an appointment to Skype us; our Skype ID is binghamton.admissions
- Read the Admissions blog
- Meet our student ambassadors
- Check us out on social networking sites
- Download our mobile app (bMobi)
- View our Daily Photo
- Download our International brochure: English version; Portuguese version; Vietnamese version
International Admitted Students: Follow these steps to obtain your I-20
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) offers a wide range of programs and services:
- Helps maintain immigration status, health insurance, travel, employment and taxes
- Friendship Families Program connects Binghamton community with international students
- Orientation for new international students
- International Student Festival
- English as a Second Language Conversation pairs native English-speaking student volunteers with ESL students for at least an hour a week