Transfer Students: Get Started Here
1. Apply Online Using Either of These Applications
- The Common Application
- SUNY Application. NOTE: The State University of New York waives the $50 application fee for up to four college choices for students graduating from SUNY and CUNY two-year colleges who apply directly to SUNY four-year colleges for baccalaureate programs. Eligible transfer students seeking the waiver must complete all required questions on the "My Transfer Colleges" page of the SUNY Application, and select "Transfer Fee Waiver" as payment method.
2. Check E-mail for Reference Number and User ID and Activate Password
After we receive your application, we'll e-mail you a Reference Number and User ID. Once you receive these, activate your password. You must do this before you can successfully complete the rest of your application.
3. Request Official Transcripts
- Request that an official transcript from every college or educational institution you've attended since high school is mailed to the Admissions office. Faxed transcripts aren't considered official. Transcripts should be mailed to Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Binghamton University, PO Box 6001, Binghamton, NY 13902-6001.
- If you've earned fewer than 24 college credits after high school graduation at the time of application, also mail your official, final high school transcript and have SAT/ACT scores sent electronically from the testing service.
- At the time of application, if you've earned more than 24 college credits after high school graduation you aren't required to submit a final high school transcript as part of the admissions application. However, once enrolled, you MUST submit a final transcript or GED certificate or your file isn't considered complete. Failure to submit a final transcript will prevent you from registering for courses in future semesters.
- You may also be asked to submit a Course Progress Report (125k .pdf) during application review
- Assess what coursework may transfer.
4. Check Status Regularly
Once you've applied, you should regularly check the status of your application. To do this, you'll need a User ID and password. After we receive your application, we'll e-mail you a Binghamton University Reference Number and User ID. Once you receive these, you'll need to activate your password, and then you can check your application status.
5. Apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Be sure to complete the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you'd like to be considered for federal and/or New York state financial aid. You can apply online starting January 1, 2015; Binghamton's recommended filing date is February 1. You can still apply for financial aid after this date, but be aware that funding for institutional need-based financial aid is limited, and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
All admitted students who have a FAFSA on file (and sent to Binghamton University) receive a financial aid award notification via e-mail from Financial Aid Services in November for spring admission and in March for fall admission.
Notes for Special Applicants
Decker School of Nursing's Baccalaureate Accelerated Track (BAT) Program is open to students who hold a bachelor's or graduate degree in a field other than nursing who wish to enroll in nursing school.
Priority Dates and Deadlines
|Entry Term||Priority Application Deadline||Decision Date|
|Spring 2016||November 1, 2015||Rolling|
|Fall 2016||March 1, 2016||Rolling|
NOTES: Programs in the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Decker School of Nursing only accept fall applications. Applications received after priority deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Nursing Baccalaureate Accelerated Track (BAT) Admission
|Entry Term||Priority Application Date||Decision Date||Deposit Deadline|
|Fall 2016||November 15, 2015||February 15, 2016||April 1, 2016|
If you're applying to the BAT program, you must select fall 2016 as the entry term on your application. You can still submit a BAT application after the November 15 priority deadline.