Application fee waivers
As a premier public university, Binghamton welcomes applications from students with diverse backgrounds. We understand that some students may face circumstances that make them unable to pay their application fee. Therefore, Binghamton is able to accept specific application fee waivers for students who meet certain criteria demonstrating economic need.
Fee waivers are accepted for students who meet at least one of the following indicator of economic need:
- Student has received or is eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Student’s annual family income falls within SUNY’s Educational Opportunity Program Economic Eligibility Guidelines
- Student is enrolled in a federal, state or local program that aids students from low income families (e.g. TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Student’s family receives public assistance.
- Student lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or is homeless.
- Student is a ward of the state or an orphan.
Students who do not meet one of the above, pre-approved criteria, but have extenuating circumstances should submit the NACAC fee waiver form. Counselors should check the box marked “other” and students must provide us with a detailed explanation including proof of financial circumstances or family income. This may be a copy of the 1040 or FAFSA report. Please contact us if you are unsure what to submit. These will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Fee waivers accepted by Binghamton:
Fax: (607) 777-4445