Homecoming is just weeks away - register now
By Steve Seepersaud
The big weekend is almost here! If you've been thinking that it's time to reconnect with friends who made college such a special time, it's not too late to make plans to meet on campus. Join us at Homecoming 2012, which will take place Friday-Sunday, Oct. 12-14. All alumni and their families are welcome at this celebration. We'll have a number of spirit-filled events during the weekend, including:
* An Oktoberfest mixer at the Events Center at 6 p.m. Friday. Start the weekend by enjoying German music, light fare, Oktoberfest beverages and full cash bar. A special VIP hour will begin at 5 p.m., for alumni who work on campus.
* Late Nite Madness - a showcase for our men's and women's basketball teams, as well as the spirit squads - will start at 9 p.m. Friday at the Events Center. Wear green and cheer on your Bearcats! Fireworks will follow.
* College-in-the-Woods will celebrate its 40th anniversary with a brunch at noon Saturday, and a farewell bagel stop at 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
* At 2 p.m. Saturday, Harpur College will celebrate the opening of the new Harpur Quad and Wall of Excellence. This is a commemoration of the past, present and future of the University's intellectual heart.
* Tailgate '12 will take place at 4 p.m. Saturday outside the Events Center. Bring your grills, food and beverages to this tailgate party. Each year, more than 1,000 people attend Tailgate; this is the place to see everyone who has returned for the weekend.
* At 7 p.m. Saturday, the men's soccer team will play the University of Vermont at the Bearcats Sports Complex. The Homecoming soccer game usually sells out, so don't wait until the last minute to buy tickets.
* At 9 p.m. Saturday, the Bearcats of the Last Decade (BOLD) will have a mixer for young alumni at the Mad Moose in downtown Binghamton.
See the full schedule of events and register by Friday, Oct. 5, at homecoming.binghamton.edu. Friends truly make Homecoming special. After you register, reach out to them through Facebook and the B-Connected online community. Encourage them to join you for Homecoming.
If you have any questions about the weekend's activities, contact the Alumni Relations office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-777-2424. We look forward to seeing you here on campus.