Join us at Homecoming 2013
By Steve Seepersaud
Make plans to be in Binghamton for Homecoming 2013, Friday-Sunday, Oct. 11-13. You can see a full schedule of events and register at the Homecoming 2013 website. Highlights for this exciting weekend include:
* Tailgate '13 – This is the main event for Homecoming weekend. Almost everyone who has returned for the weekend will be at this party planned for 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 11, outside the Events Center. (Please view our tailgate policies, because some of them have changed from what you may be accustomed to in the past. Persons 21 years of age and older are allowed to bring alcoholic beverages, for personal use only, to Tailgate '13. Persons of age will be provided with a wristband to indicate they are permitted to drink. No kegs or glass containers will be permitted.)
* BU Basketball Showcase presented by your locally owned Subway restaurants – Wear green and enjoy this Friday night showcase for our men's and women's basketball teams, pep band and spirit squad. The first 1,500 people to arrive at the Events Center will get a free T-shirt.
* Harpur College Open House – New Dean Anne McCall looks forward to meeting alumni at a Saturday afternoon reception, and hearing what the intellectual heart of Binghamton University means to you.
* Bearcats of the Last Decade (BOLD) Mixer – If you graduated from Binghamton University within the last 10 years, we'll have a special Saturday night mixer for you at Dillinger's Celtic Pub & Eatery in downtown Binghamton.
* Road Map to the Future – President Harvey Stenger is eager to meet alumni on Saturday afternoon, and share his vision for the University's future. His strategic plan will take us to an even higher distinction – the premier public university of the 21st century.
Here are two very important things you can do today to help make Homecoming 2013 the best ever:
1. Register now – visit the Homecoming 2013 website and commit to attending.
2. Spread the word – the best events happen when alumni actively encourage friends to be there.
If you have any questions, please contact the Alumni Relations office at 607-777-2424 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to see you on campus next month!