HOW FAR IS OUR REACH?
Approximately 17,000 current students.
WHAT IS IT?
The "Cool Connections, Hot Alumni" student-alumni speaker series is a unique and innovative program which connects Binghamton University students with interesting and successful alumni either face-to-face on campus or via videoconferencing technology.
Launched in the spring 2011 semester, this award-winning program allows students to make "cool connections" with Binghamton University alumni from "hot" fields and with "hot" ideas. These events provide an opportunity for alumni, regardless of where they live and work, to speak with students about their Binghamton experience and their transition to their present career. They can also answer questions at the event and provide advice.
Each student-alumni event is an intimate experience limited to 30-50 students and is held in the Alumni Center Lounge. If the speaker participates virtually, the Alumni Center Lounge is equipped with Polycom videoconferencing software as well as large screens and sound capabilities for students to see, hear and interact with the alumni speaker and vice versa. If the event is in-person, the room provides a comfortable space for easy conversation.
HOW WILL YOUR BRAND BE EXPOSED TO OUR AUDIENCE?
- Company logo on 50 flyers printed per event (about 30 events per academic year); seen by 17,000 students
Online promotions with sponsor logo
- Company logo with link on Cool Connections, Hot Alumni website with 1,500 number of visits annually
- Company logo with link on e-mail invitation to about 1,000 students per event
- Follow up e-mail sent to 30-50 students per event
- Company name mentioned in Pipe Dream follow-up articles from 15 events
- Recognition as presenting sponsor at 30 events