The Binghamton University Asian and Asian American Alumni Council ("Council") was established in 2010 to promote, support, and recognize the achievements and interests of Asian and Asian American alumni, students, faculty and staff.
The Council's objectives are to:
- Create, develop and sustain a network for Asian and Asian American alumni of Binghamton University;
- Support the academic and career development of Asian and Asian American alumni, students, faculty and staff;
- Organize and sponsor events to promote the academic, intellectual, social and cultural growth of the Council and Binghamton University;
- Develop and expand partnerships with alumni, organizations, corporations and foundations on matters of common interest;
- Build a bridge between Asia and the United States; and
- Foster greater awareness and understanding about issues concerning Asia and Asian Americans through outreach efforts that would serve to educate and inform the general populace.
The Council seeks to establish and nurture relationships with Asian and Asian American alumni to help Binghamton University maintain and enhance its commitment to academic excellence, lifelong learning and cultural diversity. The Council shall serve as a platform for alumni to provide feedback to Binghamton University.