What We Do
Engage Alumni, Students and Community
- Encourage participation in programs developed by the council that broaden our understanding and appreciation for Asian and Asian American heritage, traditions, experiences and interests. | See our events page for more
- Recruit prospective students by serving as ambassadors for the Admissions Alumni Volunteer Program | Learn more
Mentoring and Career Exploration
- Council members participate as sponsors in the Liberal Arts to Careers Externship (LACE) program. Students are matched with alumni for job shadowing experiences during the winter and summer breaks. | Learn more about LACE
- Site sponsor for the Pre-Law Summer Internship Program.
- Participate in roundtable discussions on and off-campus to assist and provide advice to students interested in entering different professional fields.
- Council members participate and share their expertise at the Annual Metro Career Night in NYC. | Visit the Alumni Association page
Support through Philanthropy
- Through the generosity of council member, Audie K. Chang ’73 students can undertake internships related to the history, experiences and contributions of Chinese Americans and their communities. | Learn more
- Council members give back financially to ensure resources are available to enhance educational opportunities for students.
To learn more about how you can support the projects and events of the Asian and Asian American Council please e-mail Leah Joggerst at firstname.lastname@example.org or AsiaAmBU@binghamton.edu.