11th Annual Health Fair
SAVE THE DATE:
March 22, 2017
10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Recreation Center, East Gym
Learn about campus and community resources to enhance your well-being
Information provided by B-Healthy Campus Initiative, BUDS Wellness Team, Campus Recreation, Confluence Running, JAM Fitness, Positive LifeForce, UHS Stay Healthy, Lourdes Hospital, Fit University, Broome County Parks Department, Multicultural Resource Center and many more.
» Full list of vendors coming soon!
Find calm with the University Counseling Center
Are you feeling anxious, stressed or tense? Take a pause from your busy schedule and find inner calm with a guided meditation session led by professionals from the University Counseling Center.
Meditating regularly can help lower high blood pressure, improve your immune system, decrease tension-related pain and boost your creativity and happiness.
Fifteen-minute guided meditation sessions will be held every 30 minutes starting at 11:00 a.m.
Pet a therapy dog
Stop by EG-24 and meet the BARK-9 therapy dogs! BARK-9, a volunteer organization, uses registered therapy animals who have been tested for health, safety and temperament.
Sample food and drink
Binghamton University Dining Services will have stations to show you all the great food options available on campus.
Participate in exercise sessions
- Stop in EG-22 to try spin with a stretch.
- Jump in on activities in the main gym, including a hula hoop workshop, yoga, Zumba, BODYPUMP, barre burn and others!
- Watch a fun taekwondo demo.
Have a health screening
- Blood pressure (free)
- Cholesterol testing ($12.00)
Enjoy a chair massage
Relax with a free chair massage in the main gym vendor expo or lower level Wellness Suite. Visit the Wellness Suite and enter to win a gift certificate for a free massage.
Take a tour
- Visit the Outdoor Pursuits Rental Center and learn about our many adventures
Details for the day
FREE admission and limited free parking in Lot E; overflow parking available in the Parking Garage
Don't miss demos and info sessions
Free on-campus shuttle service
- Parking is limited. The green shuttle runs on a continuous loop around campus and stops at the bus stop on the brain near Lot E.
Enter to win raffle prizes
- Gift certificates, gift baskets and more
- Bags, hot/cold therapy packs