- Requests for biological specimens must be made by completing and submitting an initial application. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the receipt of your request. You will then be contacted within five business days regarding the feasibility of your request.
- If your request is approved, the required documents and fees will need to be received by electronic transfer prior to shipment. All samples are shipped via Fed Ex (domestically and internationally) on dry ice unless otherwise requested.
- Note: All samples are sera unless otherwise stated.
Checklist of Items Needed to Complete Initial Application
- Electronic copy of research synopsis
- Electronic copy of the Principal Investigator's Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for primary investigator(s)
- Details regarding sample needs (i.e. specimen type, number of specimens, geographic region, time constraints)
Checklist of Items Needed to Complete Final Application
- IRB letter of approval from requestor's Human Subjects Office
- Funding and payment information
- Shipping information
- A completed Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
Completion of Agreement
You will receive email confirmation when all Final Application materials have been received. We will then send you a billing invoice to be signed and returned. Next, we will call to set up shipping arrangements for the specimens and provide you with a FedEx tracking number. We ask that you notify us immediately when you have received the shipment, and to verify that its contents match the agreement.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or concerns.