Orientation Information for Parents
Welcome to Binghamton University! Below are the resources that were presented to new students at orientation by a representative from The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development. The resources are intended to help your student integrate into the University and prepare for eventual career success.
When your student arrives on campus in the Fall, please encourage him/her to visit the Fleishman Career Center during Walk-in Advising hours to talk about majors or careers, have a resume reviewed, discuss an internship search, or other career-related questions. Students should also consider attending Fleishman Career Center programs, such as choosing a major, resume writing, internship search, interviewing, networking, LinkedIn, and more.
- New student Orientation Presentation: What incoming first-year students need to know about The Fleishman Career Center now
- Transfer Student Orientation Presentation: What incoming transfer students need to know about The Fleishman Career Center now
- Fleishman Career Center Information Sheet: A brief overview of our services
- Fleishman Career Center Fact Sheet: An excerpt of where Binghamton University students go after they graduate
- Student orientation page: Click here for the Student Orientation Page (Student page link)
Other Quick-Reference-Guide links:
- Smart Moves - How Parents Can Help: How to help your student be successful
- Career Planning Guide: What do you need to do to get the most out of your BU experience? Read this.
- On-campus Part-time jobs: Looking for a Federal Work Study (FWS) or on-campus part time job? Start here.
- Transferable Skills: What are employers looking for? Make sure to develop and highlight these skills.
- Networking and Informational Interviewing: Networking is the #1 way of gaining employment opportunities
- Resume Writing Guide: Showcase your experience and skills effectively
Link to additional Quick Reference Guides