How to Apply to the JC Mentor Program
All materials for Fall 2017 Johnson City Mentor Internship Program applications are due by August 28, 2017. Interviews will be held on August 31, 2017, for selected students, and mandatory orientations will be held that week.
Applications will ONLY be accepted through hireBING. If you are having trouble uploading your resume or additional documents, please email email@example.com.
To apply, visit our new hireBING job and internship search system. Once there, you will be directed to set up your profile. By completing your profile and uploading a resume, you will be able to view and apply to opportunities.
QUICK SEARCH: On the Home page, you will see the heading "Internship Search" on the right-hand sidebar. Under that heading, click on "JC Mentor Internship."
Please see detailed application information below.
If you've never been a JC Mentor before, and are interested in participating, you must:
- Find the "Johnson City Mentor First-Time"
- Fill out this application form and upload it to hireBING
- Upload your resume to hireBING
If you've participated in the JC Mentor Program before and would like to return, please submit a resume and cover letter (reference and application form are not required) on hireBing. In your cover letter, be sure to answer the following questions:
- Why do you wish to re-enroll for this mentor internship?
- What are some new goals that you are setting for yourself as a returning mentor?
- Do you want to be placed with the same mentee? Why or why not?
- What advice would you give to a first time JC Mentor from Binghamton University
- Please provide the name of your mentee AND semester of your past participation in the program.
- Cover letters can be addressed to Mr. Wilson, Dean of Students.