Passport: Senior Year
Gearing up to graduation is an exciting time. Be sure to let us know your plans. We hope you will reach out as an alumna/us in your career if you wish to help current students!
Search, Apply and Secure Your Post-Graduation Plans
- Update your hireBING profile and identify deadlines for full-time jobs after graduation starting in fall
- Focus your job search with support from career consultants
- Apply early and often to post-graduation opportunities
- Apply to graduate or professional school
- Attend fall graduate and professional school-related programming in preparation for December-February deadlines
- Seek input on your personal statement from the Writing Center, Fleishman Center career consultants, advisors and faculty
- Law School candidates need to visit the Pre-Law Advising Office, Health Professions candidates need to visit Pre-Health Professions Advising
- Put your network to work
- Be sure your contacts know your goals as you apply
- Make new contacts at networking programs such as Cool Connections/Hot Alumni, Job and Internship Fairs each semester, Employer Information Sessions, NYC Employer Visits, and Metro Connections Night in NYC
- Enhance your LinkedIn presence by revising your headline and contributing professional content for discussion through groups
- Request recommendation letters or contact information as you apply to jobs or graduate programs
- Need more experience?
- Apply to Fellowships and Scholarships
- Seek support from the Office of External Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards on your application(s)
- Make a well thought out decision
- Received a job offer? Thank them, express interest and ask when they need to know your decision.
- Visit the Fleishman Center via walk-in advising or scheduled appointment to discuss the offer, negotiation and process of accepting/declining
- Accepted to graduate school? Visit the Fleishman Center to discuss which school best meets your goals.
- Stay Connected as an Alumna/us
- Complete the Senior Survey to help us know what your plans are after graduation
- Information provided is utilized to help future students
- Add your own objectives along the way!