Practice Your Interviewing Skills
Sign-Up For a Practice Mock Interview Today!
- Are you looking to improve your interviewing skills?
- Do you have an employment or internship interview approaching?
If you answered YES, then the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development offers practice mock interviews throughout the academic year! These practice mock interviews are a great way to prepare for an actual upcoming interview and allows you to get feedback and improve upon your interviewing skills.
- When: Weekly during the academic year
- Where: Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development (UU133)
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled Practice Mock Interview
- Length: Each interview is approximately 30 minutes in length, with 15-20 minutes for the interview, and 10 minutes for the feedback process.
- Location: The interviews take place in the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development's Interview Rooms (UU-133).
- Eligibility: Open to all matriculated undergraduate and graduate students and Alumni who have graduated within the last 6 months. Due to high demand for the Practice Mock Interview Program, students are limited to a maximum of 3 practice mock interviews each semester.
How to sign up for a Practice/Mock Interview:
- Log into your HireBing account and if you haven't already done so, UPLOAD a resume which you wish to use for the Mock Interview Program to "Documents" in your HireBing account
- Click Calendar – Click Counseling Appointment – Click Request New Appointment
- Undergraduates: Select Type: Mock Interview (Enrolled Undergraduate Student)
Graduates: Select Type: Mock Interview (Enrolled Graduate Student)
- Select a counselor(s)
- Click 'Check Availability'
- Select a Counselor and time preference (Please use the additional notes area if you would like to supply additional information)
- Shortly thereafter you will receive an appointment request approval email
- Please review the Effective Interviewing Quick Reference Guide prior to your Practice Mock Interview
How to Prepare:
Before your practice mock interview, review the quick reference guide on effective interviewing.This guide will help you learn the types of questions you may be asked, interview preparation, advice from employers, and how to dress for an interview.
For additional practice, please consider a practice interview online through the Fleishman Center's InterviewStream software.
To get additional advice on interviews please visit the Fleishman Center during walk-in hours, attend upcoming interviewing programs, and or practice your interviewing skills and receive feedback through InterviewStream.
If any questions or issues with signing-up, contact: Ms. Emily Love, International Careers Consultant at email@example.com