Information for outgoing Binghamton Students
Participating in the National Student Exchange provides students a chance to take courses not offered here at Binghamton, learn about a different geographic area, experience a different cultural/social environment and broaden knowledge of available graduate school or professional opportunities.
Steps to participating in National Student Exchange (NSE):
- Pick up an application packet at the NSE office, CIW Library, Room 111
- Visit the NSE website and review all of the possibilities
- You may need to meet with your academic advising office or Office of Financial Aid with specific questions regarding courses or aid.
- Complete and hand in the application to NSE, CIW Library, Room 111. Placements for the following academic year begin in early March; for the best chance at your first choice school, submit your application by the end of February.
- After placement, the NSE coordinator at Binghamton will contact you to complete a Placement Acceptance Form. Then you will begin receiving pertinent information from your host school.
- If you have not already been in contact with your academic advising office, you should do so now to discuss course choices.
- Depending on the circumstances, additional conversations with Financial Aid may be necessary.
While on Exchange:
- Make sure the host and Binghamton NSE coordinators have your contact information (local address, phone and e-mail).
- Send some photos of the host campus and surroundings to the Binghamton NSE coordinator. Digital images are fine.
- If you are returning to Binghamton, follow all deadlines for early registration, on-campus housing, etc.
- At the end of each semester or term, send an official transcript from your host school to the appropriate academic advising office here at Binghamton.
**At all times if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Birgit Nicolaisen, the NSE coordinator at Binghamton.**