Professional and Academic Advisers
A team of people within the department and across the campus guides students in the development of their intellectual life and prepares them to contribute constructively to a world that is rapidly changing and increasingly interdependent.
Within the Department
- Department Chair - Weiyi Meng
- Administrative Assistant to the Chair- April St. John
- Department Undergraduate Adviser - Eileen Head
- Department Graduate Adviser - Leslie Lander
Within the School
- Watson Advising Office - Engineering Building, 2nd Floor, located within the M Pod
- Watson School Coordinator of Graduate Programs, Ellen Tilden, Engineering Building, 2nd Floor, located within the Watson Advising Office, office number M10
Across the University
- Career Development Center (CDC) - helps people understand the relationship between the university experience and future professional roles. Tied to the educational mission of the University, the CDC helps undergraduate and graduate students understand themselves in relation to the world of work and develop the skills and competencies needed for career success in a global economy. A range of services, programs, events and resources are offered to facilitate learning and practice as well as transitions and connections to professional employment and advanced study.
- Office of the Dean of Students - Committed to the personal and intellectual growth and development of all Binghamton University students, the Office of the Dean of Students provides support for a variety of student concerns including illness, death in the family, financial difficulties, academic trouble and other personal emergencies. Students come to the office seeking assistance, advocacy and satisfactory resolutions to problems. The dean and her staff help students take full advantage of the countless resources Binghamton University has to offer, as well as serve as the primary campus resource for students' parents, guardians and families.
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) - services are designed to meet the needs of entering international students, currently enrolled international students, and international alumni. Many of our programs have earned national recognition, and we have a reputation for friendly and efficient customer service.
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) - providing a wide range of assistance to enrolled students with physical, learning or other disabilities