Health and Wellness Studies Minor
The Department of Health and Wellness Studies now offers students the opportunity to minor in Health and Wellness Studies. The minor consists of four (4) core courses and ten (10) elective HWS courses (no more than 2 courses can be designated as a B General Education requirement). The total number of credits required for the minor is twenty-four (24).
- HWS 233/NURS 220: Stress Management (2 credits)
- HWS 331/NURS 311: Contemporary Health Issues (4 credits)
- HWS 332/NURS 312: Nutrition (4 credits)
- HWS 336/NURS 313: Science and Application of Exercise (4 credits)
- 10 credits of HWS courses with no more than 2 courses designated as a B Gen Ed requirement.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for students who wish to minor in Health and Wellness Studies.
To apply, please complete the application (.pdf, 450kb) and return it to the Department of Health and Wellness Studies located in the West Gymnasium.For more information, please contact:
Lisa Hrehor, Director