Publications by David Klotzkin
49. "Enhanced forward emission of YAG: Ce 3+ phosphor with polystyrene nanosphere coating.", Ge, Zhongyang, Alan Piquette, Kailash C. Mishra, and David Klotzkin Applied optics 54, no. 19 (2015): 6025-6028.
48. "Realization of a Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Microfabrication Education Program at Binghamton University." , Cui, Weili, Wayne E. Jones, David Klotzkin, Greta L. Myers, Shawn Wagoner, and Bruce White. Education, IEEE Transactions on 58, no. 1 (2015): 25-31.
47. "Carbon dioxide luminescent sensor based on a CMOS image array." Ratterman, Michael, Li Shen, David Klotzkin, and Ian Papautsky Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 198 (2014): 1-6.
46. "Antireflection coatings designed by the average uniform algorithm for thin film solar cells." Rajbhandari, Pravakar P., Amin Emrani, Tara P. Dhakal, Charles R. Westgate, and David Klotzkin. Applied optics 53, no. 34 (2014): 8006-8011.
45. "Enhanced omni-directional performance of copper zinc tin sulfide thin film solar cell by gradient index coating." , Ge, Zhongyang, Pravakar Rajbhandari, Junjie Hu, Amin Emrani, Tara P. Dhakal, Charles Westgate, and David Klotzkin. Applied Physics Letters 104, no. 10 (2014): 101104.
44. "Design and fabrication of a combined three‐layer coating including gradient refractive index films for broadband antireflection on silicon." Hu, Junjie, Zhongyang Ge, Alan Piquette, Kailash Mishra, and David Klotzkin. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters 56, no. 1 (2014): 256-259.
43. "Simultaneous Single Detector Measurement of Multiple Fluorescent Sources," Dixit, R.; Shen, L.; Ratterman, M.; Papautsky, I.; Klotzkin, D., IEEE Sensors Journal, in press, no.99, pp.1,1, doi:10.1109/JSEN.2013.2239285
42. "Thermal conductivity of 1.3um InAs/GaAs quantum dot laser active material from chirp and 3w measurements", Zhongyang Ge, Patricia Moat, Jing Xie, Junjie Hu, Jia-Sheng Huang, Xinyu Sun, Neinyi Li, Bruce White, David Klotzkin, Applied. Phys. Lett., vol. 100, 082108 (2012).
41. "Use of a Low-Cost CMOS Detector and Cross-Polarization Signal Isolation for Oxygen Sensing", L. Shen, M. Ratterman, D. Klotzkin, I. Papautsky, IEEE Sensors Journal, v. 11, pp. 1359, JUNE 2011.
40. "Index-coupled Quantum Dot 1.3 μm Distributed Feedback Lasers Fabricated with A Combination MOCVD/MBE Process.", Junjie Hu, David Klotzkin, Jia-Sheng Huang, Xinyu Sun, and Neinyi Li, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Oct. 2010. Vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 329-331, Mar 2011.
39. “CMOS optical system for point-of-care oxygen sensing”, Li Shen, Michael Ratterman, David Klotzkin, and Ian Papautsky, Sensors and Actuators B, Volume 155, Issue 1, 5 July 2011, Pages 430-435, September 2010.
38. “Thermal Compression Wafer Bonding of Tungsten Applied to Fabrication of Small-Period Tungsten Woodpile Structures”, Y. Zhou, S. Sridhar, K.C. Mishra, D. Klotzkin, Materials Letters, Volume 64, Issue 10, 31 May 2010, Pages 1222-1225, ISSN 0167-577X, DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2010.02.056.
37. “Concentration dependence of fluorescence signal in a microfluidic fluorescence detector” Ansuman Banerjee, Yun Shuai, Rahul Dixit, Ian Papautsky , Journal of Luminescence, Volume 130, Issue 6, June 2010, Pages 1095-1100, ISSN 0022-2313, DOI: 10.1016/j.jlumin.2010.02.002.
36. "Modeling of Thermal Residual Stresses during Field Assisted Anodic bonding of optical fiber to Si V-groove for optoelectronic packaging", V. Ranatunga, D. Klotzkin, v3, International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, DOI: 10.2316/Journal.205.2010.3.205-5140, 2010.
35. “Design and parallel fabrication of wire-grid polarization arrays for polarization-resolved imaging at 1.55 μm”, Yaling Zhou and David J. Klotzkin, Applied Optics, Vol. 47, Issue 20, pp. 3555-3560 doi:10.1364/AO.47.003555.
34.“High-sensitivity, disposable lab-on-a-chip with thin-film organic electronics for fluorescence detection”,A. Pais, A. Banerjee, D, Klotzkin and I. Papautsky, Lab on A Chip, vol. 8, pp. 794-800, 2008.
33.“Temperature dependence of electron mobility, electroluminescence and photoluminescence of Alq3 in OLED”, Haichuan Mu, D. Klotzkin, , Ajith de Silva, Hans Peter Wagner, Dan White, Buck Sharpton, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys, vol. 41, 235109 , November 2008. doi: 10.1088/0022-3727/41/23/235109
32.“Dependence of Linewidth Enhancement Factor on Duty Cycle in InGaAs/GaAs Quantum Dot Lasers”, H. Tan, Z. Mi, P. Bhattacharya, D. Klotzkin, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, v. 20, pp. 593-5, 2008. DOI: 10.1109/LPT.2008.918234
31. “45 Mbps Cat's Eye Modulating Retro-reflectors”, W.S. Rabinovich, P.G. Goetz, R. Mahon, L Swingen, J. Murphy, M. Ferraro, R. Burris, C. I. Moore, G. C. Gilbreath, S. Binari, D. Klotzkin, Opt. Engineering, vol. 46, 104001-1-8, October, 2007.
30. “High-sensitivity integrated fluorescence analysis for microfluidic lab-on-a-chip”, D. Klotzkin and I. Papautsky, SPIE News, 2007, DOI: 10.1117/2.1200705.0748 (Current 11/07)
29. “A polarization isolation method for high-sensitivity, low cost on-chip fluorescence detection for microfluidic lab-on-a-chip”, Ansuman Banerjee, Andrea Pais, Ian Papautsky and David Klotzkin, Ansuman Banerjee, Andrea Pais, Ian Papautsky and David Klotzkin, IEEE Sensors, v. 8, pp. 621, May 2008.
28. “ optimized structure for InGaAlAs spot-size converted lasers for direct fiber coupling fabricated without overgrowth.”, D. Klotzkin, J.S. Huang, H.Lu, T. Nguyen, T. Pinnington, H. Tan, R. Rajasekarem, C. Tsai, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 19, pp 975-977, 2007.
27. “Small area right angle bends fabricated with hybrid conventional and interference lithography”, Yaling Zhou, Hua Tan, David Klotzkin,Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 49, pp.1300- 1303, June 2007.
26. “Photoluminescence and Stimulated Emission from Deoxyribonucleic Acid Thin Films Doped with Sulforhodamine “, Z. Yu, J. A. Hagen, Y. Zhou, D. Klotzkin, J. Grote, A. J. Steckl, Applied Optics, vol. 46, pp. 1507-1513, 2007.
25. “Analysis of the Reduced Thermal Conductivity in InGaAs/GaAs Quantum Dot Lasers from Chirp Characteristics”, Hua Tan, Kishore K. Kamath, Zetian Mi, Pallab Bhattacharya, David Klotzkin,Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, pp. 121116-1-3, 2006.
24. “Measurement of Electron Mobility in Alq3 from Optical Modulation Measurements in Multilayer Organic Light Emitting Diodes” , Haichuan Mu, David Klotzkin, IEEE Journal of Display Technology , vol. 2., pp. 341-347,2006.
23. “Comparative Study of Electrode Effects on the Electrical and Luminescent Characteristics of AlQ3/TPD OLED: Improvements Due to Conductive Polymer (PEDOT) Anode” (draft), H. Mu, W.Li, R. Jones, A. Steckl, D. Klotzkin, vol. 126, pp. 225-229, Journal of Luminescence, 2007.
22. "Epoxyless Fiber-to-Submount Bonding for Active Fiber Optoelectronic and Fiber Backplane Applications", D.. Abeysinghe, V. Ranatunga, A, Banerjee, A. Balagopal, D. Klotzkin, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 12, pp. 952, 2006.
21. "Optical properties of Er in Er-doped Zn2Si0.5Ge0.5O4 waveguide amplifiers", S. Banerjee, C. C. Baker, A. J .Steckl, D. Klotzkin, Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 23,
pp. 1342-1349, March 2005.
20. "A Novel Technique for High-Strength Direct Fiber-to-Si Submount Attachment Using Field-Assisted Anodic Bonding for Optoelectronics Packaging", D. Abeysinghe, V. Ranatunga, A. Balagopal, H. Mu, K. Ye, D. Klotzkin, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett, pp. 2150- 2152, Sept. 2004.
19."Dependence of film morphology on deposition rate in ITO/TPD/Alq3/Al organic luminescent diodes", H. Mu, H. Shen, D. Klotzkin, Solid State Electronics, vol. 48, pp. 2085-2088, Oct.-Nov. 2004.
18. "High-speed Directly Modulated Fabry-Perot and Distributed Feedback Spot-Size-Converted Lasers Suitable for Passive Alignment, Unisolated Operation, and Uncooled Environments up to 85C" , D. Klotzkin, K. Kojima, N. Jordache, N. Chand, P. Kiely, M. Chien, M. Han, E. Michel, S. Ustin, S. Roycroft, D. Melville, R. Kunkel, L. Ketelsen, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 21, pp. 69-78, January 2003.
17. "High-speed modulation and switching characteristics of In(Ga)As-Al(Ga)As self-organized quantum-dot lasers", P. Bhattacharya, D.Klotzkin, O. Qasaimeh, W. Zhou,S. Krishna, D. Zhu, IEEE Journal Of Selected Topics In Quantum Electronics, vol. 6, pp. 426-438, May 2000. (Invited Paper).
16. "Bringing quantum dots up to speed", D. Klotzkin, P. Bhattacharya,IEEE Circuits & Devices , vol. 16, pp. 17-23 Jan. 2000.
15. “Temperature Dependence of Dynamic and DC Characteristics of Quantum Well and Quantum Dot Lasers: A Comparative Study”, D.Klotzkin, P. Bhattacharya, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology,vol 17, pp. 1634-1643,Sept. 1999.
14. “Electron Intersubband Energy Level Spacing in Self-Organized In0.4Ga0.6As/GaAs Quantum Dot Lasers from Temperature-Dependent Bandwidth Measurements”, D. Klotzkin, J. Phillips, H.Jiang, J. Singh, P. Bhattacharya, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 17, pp. 1276-1280, June 1999.
13. "Self-organized growth of In(Ga)As/GaAs quantum dots and theiropto-electronic device applications",P. Bhattacharya, K. Kamath, J. Phillips, D. Klotzkin, Bulletin Of Materials Science, vol. 22, pp. 519-529, May 1999.
12. “In(Ga)As/GaAs Self-Organized Quantum Dot Lasers: DC and Small-Signal Modulation Properties”. P. Bhattacharya, K. Kamath, J. Singh, D. Klotzkin, J. Phillips, H.-T. Jiang, N. Chervela, T. Norris, T.Sosnowski, J. Laskar, R. Murty, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 46, pp. 871-883, May, 1999. Winner of Paul RappaportAward for Best Paper in Electron Device Society Journal.
11. "Strain tensor, electronic spectra and carrier dynamics inIn(Ga)As/GaAs self-assembled quantum dots", K. Kamath, H. Jiang,D.Klotzkin, J. Phillips,T. Sosnowski, T. Norris,J. Singh,P. Bhattacharya,Compound Semiconductors 1997 , Institute Of Physics Conference Series , vol. 156, pp. 525-529, 1998.
10. “Enhanced Modulation Bandwidth (20GHz) of In(Ga)As/GaAs Self Organized Quantum Dot Lasers at Cryogenic Temperatures: Role of Carrier Relaxation and Differential Gain”, D. Klotzkin, K. Kamath, K. Vineberg, P. Bhattacharya, R. Murty, J. Laskar, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 10, pp. 932-4, July, 1998.
9. “InP-based 1.5mm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser withEpitaxially Grown Defect-free GaAs-based Distributed Bragg Reflectors”, H. Gebretsadik, P. Bhattacharya, K. Kamath, O. Qasaimeh, D. Klotzkin, C. Caneau, R. Bhat, Electronics Letters, vol. 34, pp. 1316, 1998.
8. “Monolithically Integrated SiGe/PIN-HBT Front-End Photoreceivers”, J. Rieh, D. Klotzkin, O. Qasimeh, L. Lu, K. Yang, L. Katehi, P. Bhattacharya, IEEE Photonics Techonology Letters, vol. 10, pp. 415-7, March 1998.
7. “Modulation Characteristics of High Speed (f-3db=20GHz) Tunneling Injection InP/InGaAsP 1.55 mm Ridge Waveguide Lasers Extracted from Optical and Electrical Measurements”, D. Klotzkin, K. Syao, P. Bhattacharya, C. Caneu, R. Bhat, Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 15, pp. 2141-6, November 1997.
6. “Quantum Capture Times at Room Temperature in High Speed In0.4Ga0.6As/GaAs Self Organized Quantum Dot Lasers”, D.Klotzkin, K. Kamath, P. Bhattacharya, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 9, pp. 1301-1303, October 1997
5. “Carrier Dynamics in High Speed (f-3db>40GHz) 0.98 mmMultiquantum Well Tunneling Injection Lasers Determined from Electrical Impedance Measurements”, D. Klotzkin, X. Zhang, P. Bhattacharya, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 9, pp. 578-80, May 1997.
4. “0.98 mm Multiple Quantum Well Tunneling Injection Lasers with 98 GHz Intrinsic Modulation Bandwidth”, X. Zhang, A. Guiterrez-Aitken, D. Klotzkin, P. Bhattacharya, Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 3, pp. 309-14, April 1997.
3. “0.98 mm Multiquantum Well Tunneling Injection Lasers with Ultra-high Modulation Bandwidth”, X. Zhang, A. Gutierrez-Aitken, D.Klotzkin, P. Bhattacharya, C. Caneau, R. Bhat, Electronics Letters, vol. 32, pp. 1715-6, September 1996.
2. “Determination of Cr Particle Sizes in Thin Dilute Cr-in-Cu Films from Measurement Statistics”, D. Klotzkin, M. Isaacson, Ultramicroscopy, vol. 58, pp. 261-7, June 1995.
1. “Hardware Support for Raster Clipping”, D. Klotzkin, R. Ward, IBM Technical Disclosure Bulletin, vol. 36, pp. 261-4, September 1993.