EOP Transfer Eligibility
To be eligible to transfer to EOP at Binghamton, you must have been admitted through your current college's or university's opportunity program (i.e., College Discovery, EOP, HEOP or SEEK). Interested students can submit an application through the Common or SUNY Application.
- If you currently attend a SUNY community college that doesn't offer EOP, you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out your eligibility.
- All applicants are required to submit the EOP Transfer Verification form. You may be asked to submit financial documentation for review.
Admissions decisions are made by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
EOP Transfer Orientation
EOP transfers who have accepted their admission to Binghamton University will be contacted by the EOP Transfer Coordinator, Erik Colón, who will make them aware of the EOP specific transfer orientation dates of June 13, 2017 for transfers accepted into Harpur, and June 15, 2017 for transfers accepted into the professional schools (i.e. Decker, SOM etc.). Students will receive communications primarily to their Binghamton University email Bmail link regarding upcoming events about EOP. Students should check this email frequently!
EOP orientations will allow for transfer students to:
- Be welcomed to the Binghamton University EOP family!
- Meet with their EOP counselor and learn about the expectations of the program
- Register for classes
- Tour the EOP offices and Tutorial Center
- Find out about the EOP book stipend and funding
- Get assistance with financial aid process (if needed)
EOP Orientation Registration
EOP specific orientations are FREE of charge (and this may also include an overnight stay for summer orientations).
Students should simply:
- register for one of the EOP specific orientation dates
- check the box indicating that they are an EOP student, and
- email the EOP Transfer Coordinator, Erik Colón about attending
For more information about the Binghamton University orientation visit http://www.binghamton.edu/orientation.
Transfer Class/Course Registration:
To ensure an expedient course registration process students should submit their health form and immunity requirements to the Decker Student Health Services Center as soon as possible. (Note: Submission of this material is in accordance with NYS Public Health Laws, and you may not register for classes until this has been received by the university.)
Transfer students may also need to get TB/Meningitis screenings and these are offered at the Decker Student Health Services Center. Students will be charged for this service. EOP will not cover this cost.
Transfer students should bring:
- Copies of college transcripts
- Copy of High School transcript and AP scores
- Updated health and immunization records (these can also be transferred from your previous school).
EOP transfers can submit a photo for a Binghamton University student ID. ID photo upload.
For a BU Transfer Checklist
For a recommended list of things to do before orientation visit the Checklist for New Students for more information.