How to access your financial aid award offer
STEP 1: Access Your Account
Go to BU BRAIN via Binghamton’s portal, my.binghamton.edu, and click on the “Financial Aid” tab.
STEP 2: Options and Actions
Once on the Financial Aid tab, select from several options to access your Binghamton University Financial Aid Award Offer information, review requirement messages and accept or decline loans.
Here’s a quick overview of three key options:
|Choose option||Then select||Then select||Then choose action|
|Status||Award for Aid Year||Aid Year (i.e. Award year 2017–18)||VIEW overall status, holds, academic progress, financial aid awards and messages.|
|Eligibility||Award for Aid Year||Aid Year||REVIEW “unsatisfied” requirements that may prevent awards being applied to your bill. To VIEW, select “Student Requirements.”|
|Award||Award for Aid Year||Aid Year||Access your Award Offer where you can:
VIEW AND/OR PRINT Click on “Award Overview” tab. Click on "Print SUNY Award Letter (pdf) in the top left corner.
ACCEPT OR DECLINE
- Once a student takes action online, changes can ONLY be made by contacting Financial Aid.
- Accepted student loans will be automatically split between fall and spring semesters.
- First-time student borrowers accepting loans must complete Entrance Counseling and an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) at studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/.
- Parents of undergraduate, dependent students must apply and be credit-approved for a Parent PLUS Loan. To apply and complete an eMPN, parents can go to studentloans.gov/
- For complete financial aid information, go to binghamton.edu/financial-aid/.