Thank you for your interest in Binghamton University's graduate programs. We look forward to receiving your application.
FALL 2015 APPLICANTS: Access the application here.
Other Applicants: If you are applying to a certificate program, to an accelerated degree program or for non-degree/non-matriculated study, continue to the appropriate application.
Please contact the Graduate School if you are unsure which instructions to follow.
Submit the online application and all required application materials.
- You will need a valid e-mail address to create an online application.
- Upload all required application materials for your program to the online application.
- Scan and upload the files with care, making sure they are clear, legible and complete. The graduate admissions committee will receive the files you scan and upload.
- Preferred file format is PDF. Other accepted file formats include .doc, .docx, .rtf, .jpg and .tif.
- Please do not mail hard (paper) copies of any application materials unless specifically requested by the Graduate School.
- Pay the $75 (USD) non-refundable graduate degree program application fee.
- You can use a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. Your credit card bill serves as your receipt.
- We are able to grant application fee waivers only to McNair, EOP, HEOP, SEEK, Project 1000 and LSAMP undergraduate students and to GEM fellowship applicants. If you are eligible, complete the Application Fee Waiver form (PDF, 676 KB). If you are a McNair, EOP, HEOP, SEEK, Project 1000 or LSAMP undergraduate student, submit a certified form or official letter from your undergraduate institution verifying your status. If you are a GEM fellowship applicant, submit a copy of your GEM interface homepage, indicating that your overall application status is complete.
- Submit the online application and all required application materials by your program's application deadline.
Review these reminders before you apply:
- We recommend you begin the application process at least 1 month before your program's application deadline.
- You may have only 1 active application per semester. Multiple applications will not be processed. Exceptions will be made for individuals applying to approved dual-degree programs.
- Take care when selecting your program. The Graduate School cannot make any changes to your program once we receive and begin review of your application.
- If you are a former Binghamton University student (undergraduate, graduate or non-degree/non-matriculated) and have changed your name, file an official name change form with the Office of Financial Aid and Student Records before submitting an application.
- If you are an international student, review the additional admission requirements for international students before submitting an application.
- If you are interested in transferring graduate credits from another institution to Binghamton University, review the policies regarding the transfer of graduate credits before submitting an application. The application process is the same for students who are planning to transfer graduate credits as it is for those who are not.
Submit official test scores electronically.
If you have not already sent your test scores to Binghamton University, submit your GRE/GMAT and/or TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic scores. Review the admission requirements to see which test scores are required for your program. Please note that it can take as long as 2 full weeks for the testing agency to process your order and deliver your scores to Binghamton University.
- Order GRE score report: Use Binghamton University's code: 2535.
- Order GMAT score report: Submit scores by selecting "State University of New York (SUNY) - Binghamton University" from the score delivery menu.
- Order TOEFL score report: Use Binghamton University's code: 2535.
- Order PTE Academic score report: Submit scores by selecting "Binghamton University - State University of New York" from the score delivery menu.
- Submit IELTS scores by providing the Test Report Form (TRF) number in the appropriate field in the online application.
Submit any application materials that you were not able to upload to the online application.
If your program requires additional application materials that were not requested in the online application, e-mail them to the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use "Additional Application Materials - [Student's Name]" in the subject line.
- Include your application materials as attachments. Preferred file format is PDF. Other accepted file formats include .doc, .docx, .rtf, .jpg and .tif.
- Include your full name (as you used in the online application), your date of birth, the program to which you applied and the semester in which you expect to start graduate studies at Binghamton University in the body of the message.
Receive your admission decision.
Once an admission decision has been made, you will receive an e-mail from the Graduate School. (Please add "email@example.com" to your e-mail address book or contact list. Don't forget to check your spam folder!) If you have been accepted, you will also receive an admission letter.