Thank you for your interest in the MAALS program!
Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution by their first day in the MAALS program.
|MA in Applied Liberal Studies||Rolling (April 1 Recommended)|
All students must submit their online applications through the Graduate School.
Required Application Materials
- Online graduate degree application with graduate degree application fee
- Transcripts from each college or university you have attended
- Personal statement
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Writing sample: a paper of 500 - 800 words (miniumum) submitted for an advanced undergraduate or graduate course
- GRE scores (optional)
For general guidelines for these materials, see the Admission Requirements webpage of the Graduate School website.
Additional Required Application Materials for International Students
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation (such as bank statements, scholarship or sponsor letters, etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency, such as:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 100 OR
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum overall band score of 7.0 OR
- PTE Academic with a minimum score of 68 OR
- College or university degree from an institution in the United States or in another English-speaking country listed on the Graduate School website.
For more information about these materials, see the International Students section of the Admission Requirements webpage.