Executive Master of Science in Health Systems (Manhattan)
This 12-month program is designed to provide working professionals who already have a bachelor's degree an opportunity to gain sufficient knowledge and skills for modeling, analyzing and/or designing healthcare delivery systems and processes.
The ultimate goal of the health systems discipline is the continuous process of improvement in healthcare systems. The research methodology therefore looks at the current work and patient flow, identifies bottlenecks and finally proposes solutions and recommendations using a number of tools such as modeling and simulation, problem solving, statistical analysis, operations research and optimization, human factors engineering and data mining.
Graduate Degrees Offered
- MS in Systems Science - Health Systems Concentration (Manhattan)
- MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering - Health Systems Concentration (Manhattan)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Early application is encouraged. The first cohort begins in April 2013 and the second cohort is scheduled to start in August 2014. Please contact the Graduate Director for application instructions.
The standards maintained by The Graduate School and individual departments and programs are applied to ensure that applicants admitted to the University are well qualified and trained to study at this institution and have a reasonable expectation of successfully completing a graduate program, and who, with the benefit of graduate education, are most likely to contribute substantially to their academic or professional fields.
To be eligible, you must have and provide:
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- Complete set of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts. At minimum, a 3.0 GPA is required. See details.
- For the MS Systems Science – Health Systems Concentration: Candidates with a baccalaureate degree in any field may apply for admission to this program
- For the MS Industrial and Systems Engineering – Health Systems Concentration: Holders of a baccalaureate degree in engineering or a related field may apply for admission to this program
- Note: Based on your educational background and interest, the Systems Science and Industrial Engineering (SSIE) Department will determine if your degree will be a Master of Science in Systems Science – Health Systems Concentration or a Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering – Health Systems Concentration. Those students with a non-engineering background who wish to pursue the MS in Industrial & Systems Engineering option will be required to take additional prerequisites (up to 10 or more courses) before completion of their degree.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Online graduate degree application and application fee
- Transcripts from each college/university you have attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (2-3 pages) describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study, your career aspirations, your special interests within your field, and any unusual features of your background that might need explanation or be of interest to your program's admissions committee.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Official GRE scores
And, for international applicants:
- International Student Financial Statement form (PDF)
- Official bank statement/proof of support
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores
*This information is subject to change. While we make every effort to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we recommend you contact the department for program-specific requirements.
Dr. Mohammad Khasawneh
Executive Master of Science in Health Systems (Manhattan) website