Hoe Kyeung Kim
Associate Professor, Graduate School of Education
- Ph.D. Foreign and Second Language Education, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA.
- M.A. English Language Education, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Korea
- B.A. Political Science, Ewha Womans University, Korea
Courses regularly taught
- Second Language Acquisition
- TESOL Methods
- Second Language Assessment
- TESOL Practicum
Current Research Interests
- Teacher Education
- Second Language Acquisition
- Educational Technology
- Sociocultural Theory
- Kim, H. K., & Yun, H. (2015). Promoting teacher-based assessment: Korean English Teachers‘ Perceptions of Assessment and Its Applications. Teacher Education Research, 54(2), 171-187.
- Kim, H. K., & Yun, H. (2013). Examining the influence of L1 on learning Korean negation
Languages Education, 20(4), 415-434.
- Yoon, B., & Kim, H. K. (2012). (Eds.) Teachers' roles in second language learning: Classroom applications of sociocultural perspectives. Information Age Publishing Inc.
- Yoon, B., & Kim, H. K. (2012). Introduction. In B. Yoon, & H. K. Kim (Eds.). Teachers' roles in second language learning: Classroom applications of sociocultural perspectives. (pp. xiii-xxix).Information Age Publishing Inc.
- Kim, H. K., & Lee, S. (2012). Teacher's use of funds of knowledge to promote class participation and engagement in a EFL context. In B. Yoon, & H. K. Kim (Eds.). Teachers' roles in second language learning: Classroom applications of sociocultural perspectives. (pp.121-134). Information Age Publishing Inc.
- Kim, H. K. (2011). Promoting communities of practice among non-native speakers of English in online discussions. Computer Assisted Language Learning, 24(4), 353-370.
- Cheong, D., Baek, Y., & Kim, H. K. (2011). Pre-service teachers' teaching practice in Second Life. In R. Hinrichs, & C. Wankel (Eds.), Transforming virtual world learning (Cutting-edge technologies in higher education, Volume 4) (pp. 67-84). Emerald Publishing, Bingley: U.K.
- Baek, Y., & Kim, H. K. (2011). Designing and developing the virtual English adventure in Second Life. In H.Yang, & S. Yuen (Eds.), Handbook of research on practices and outcomes in virtual worlds and environment. (pp. 686-705) IGI Global.
- Kim, H. K. (2010). Use of interactive games in teaching English as a foreign language. In Y. Baek (Ed.), Gaming for classroom-based learning: Digital role playing as a motivator of study (pp. 125-137). IGI Global.
- Kim, H. K., & Bateman, B. (2010). Student participation patterns in online discussion: Incorporating constructivist discussion into online courses. International Journal of E-Learning, 9(1), 79-98.
- Kim, H. K., & Rissel, D. (2008). Instructors' integration of computers: Examining the role of interaction. Foreign Language Annals, 41(1), 61-80.
- Kim, H. K. (2008). Beyond motivation: ESL/EFL teachers' perceptions on the role of computers. CALICO Journal, 25(2), 241-259.
- Kim, H. K. (2008). Nonnative teachers' experience of Microteaching. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 12(3), 165-170.