Kappa Delta Pi
Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education, is committed to recognizing excellence and fostering mutual cooperation, support and professional growth for educational professionals. KDP members make up the top 10 percent of those entering the field of education, and include award-winning and outstanding practicing educators. Binghamton University's chapter, Alpha Gamma Chi, was chartered on December 2, 2006.
Membership in our chapter is earned by meeting several criteria:
Requirements for acceptance to the Alpha Gamma Chi chapter are as follows:
1. Accepted into the Binghamton University School of Education;
2. Completed eight (8) or more credit hours of education course work;
3. Have at least twelve (12) hours of professional education courses programmed,
progress, or completed;
4. Have a cumulative grade-point average on all graduate work undertaken of at least 3.5;
5. Potential or achieved educational leadership;
6. Exemplification of worth educational ideals; and
7. Commitment to participate in at least one chapter meeting or activity (a
fundraising, or networking event) during each full semester as a student member.
Forms to download:
Our Binghamton University KDP Chapter officers for Fall 2014:
President: Samantha Churchman
ANNOUNCEMENT - Invitation to Join KDP!
Kappa Delta Pi, the international honor society in education (please see more details at http://www.kdp.org/), invites applications to BU's GSE chapter. For more information, see the KDP website or e-mail the chapter counselor, Dr. Michael Rozalski.
The following students were inducted into Kappa Delta Pi on May 14th, 2014: