Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS)If you are an experienced PreK-12 educator interested in:
- expanding your impact beyond your own classroom or specialty area,
- earning one or more NYS administrative leadership certifications,
- extending your graduate studies to an EdD in the future, or
- engaging with a rigorous curriculum at a University recognized nationally for its
strong academic programs, distinguished faculty and affordable tuition,
then Binghamton’s CAS in Educational Leadership may be for you.
The CAS prepares prospective educational leaders to serve in PreK-12 schools and school districts. The program is designed for part-time, post-master’s students who work full time as teachers or other educational professionals in elementary and secondary schools. CAS graduates may pursue future employment as:
- staff developers
- curriculum coordinators
- program directors
- assistant principals and principals
- assistant superintendents and superintendents, or
- other PreK-12 educational leaders and administrators.
- School Building Leader (SBL-Initial), and/or
- School District Leader (SDL-Professional)
The Plan of Study Form for the Educational Leadership Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) Program provides students and advisors with a form to guide students through CAS program requirements.
We invite you to explore this website to learn more about the CAS curriculum, educational leadership courses, admissions and frequently asked questions. For additional assistance, contact program coordinator Jackie Visser.
Graduate School of Education PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
Voicemail (607) 777-2478
Fax (607) 777-3587
Federally-required disclosures about gainful employment for the Educational Leadership
CAS program can be found online.