Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS)If you are an experienced PreK-12 educator interested in opportunities to:
- expand impact beyond your own classroom or specialty area,
- earn one or more NYS administrative leadership certifications,
- extend your graduate studies to an Ed.D. in the future, or
- engage with a rigorous curriculum at a university recognized nationally for its strong
academic programs, distinguished faculty and affordable tuition,
then Binghamton’s CAS in Educational Leadership may be for you.
The CAS prepares prospective educational leaders to serve in PreK-12 schools and school districts. The program is designed for part-time, post-master’s students who work full time as teachers or other kinds of educational professionals in elementary and secondary schools. CAS graduates may pursue future employment as:
- staff developers
- curriculum coordinators
- program directors
- assistant principals and principals
- assistant superintendents and superintendents, or
- other PreK-12 educational leaders and administrators.
- School Building Leader (SBL-Initial), and/or
- School District Leader (SDL-Professional).
We invite you to explore this website to learn more about the CAS curriculum, educational leadership courses, admissions, and frequently asked questions. Should you require additional assistance, contact the program coordinator, Dr. Marilyn Tallerico, at:
Graduate School of Education PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
Voicemail (607) 777-2478
Fax (607) 777-3587
Federally-required disclosures about gainful employment for the Educational Leadership CAS program can be found at http://www2.binghamton.edu/gse/gedt/gedt.html