Courses that have a blue W next to them have a waitlist. Waitlists are only activated once a course is full.
How to add yourself to a waitlist:
Registering for a waitlist works the same exact way as registering for any other classes – except it requires a few more clicks!
- Find the CRN (Course Registration Number) of the section you'd like to put yourself on the waitlist for. On the Add/Drop courses page, put the CRN of the course in the blank on your "worksheet," then submit changes.
- When you try to register for a closed course, you will get an error message that says “Closed Section,” and this is perfectly normal.
- Next to this message, you will also see a drop down menu (under “Actions”).
- Click on the drop down menu and hit “Waitlist.” Then, press “Submit Changes” located on the bottom of the page.
- Then, you will see a confirmation message that says “Waitlisted – #.” You’re now waitlisted for that course!
Important things to know about being on a waitlist:
- Check your email every 12 hours to see if you have received an email from the registrar that says that a seat has become available. You have 24 hours to add yourself to the course from the time you received the email (not when you open the email). If you do get the email, you must add yourself to the course on BU Brain by going to “Add or Drop Courses” and selecting “Register” from the same drop down menu as when you were signing up on the waitlist.
- Putting yourself on the waitlist does not mean that you are guaranteed a spot OR you are enrolled in the course.
- If you get an email offering you a seat in the course that you no longer want to take, please drop the course as soon as possible so that other students can enroll.
- Waitlisted courses do not count towards credit hours so you are able to register for up to 18 credits and be on the waitlist for additional courses. If you are contacted about getting off the waitlist, please adjust your schedule accordingly.
- Some departments put waitlists on the lecture section of the course, while others put the waitlist on the Activity or Discussion Sections. Please make sure you get on the appropriate waitlist