The following are guiding principles regarding AP credit:
- If you are awarded Advanced Placement credit for a particular course, you will not receive credit for that course if taken again.
- Advanced Placement credit can be used to fulfill major requirements unless this is specifically prohibited in a department's award policy.
- Your AP credit will be listed on your Binghamton University transcript under the heading of "Exam Hours." There is no grade attached to any AP credit awarded you.
- No credit is awarded for scores of 1 or 2.
- Elective credits are credits that will be given, but not applied toward a specific requirement or class.
- AP exam scores yield four credits, unless otherwise noted in the equivalencies.
AP Board contact information:
PO Box 6671 Princeton, NJ 08541-6671