Harpur Edge is piloting a new "Harpur Edge Student Ambassador" program and we are looking for volunteers!
What does it mean to be a Harpur Edge Ambassador?
Ambassadors help promote the Harpur Edge office, programs and events to the Harpur College community.
Why does Harpur Edge need student ambassadors?
Harpur Edge opened in fall 2014. Over the past two plus years, student awareness of who and what we are has grown, but we still have a long way to go. Our goal is for EVERY Harpur student to know about this valuable resource AND take advantage of our programs and facilities. Student Ambassadors can help us spread the word by connecting peer-to-peer, to help raise awareness and increase use of Harpur Edge.
What are the goals of the Harpur Edge Ambassadors?
- Raise awareness of Harpur Edge and how it can positively impact Harpur students
- Increase student visits to the Harpur Edge office
- Increase attendance at Harpur Edge programs and events
- Increase applications to Harpur Edge Signature Programs
How will Ambassadors do this?
- Announce info about Harpur Edge and events in your classes.
- Help distribute flyers
- Liaison with academic departments and programs, such as Pre-Law & Pre-Health, and professional organizations, such as Thurgood Marshall
- Bring Harpur friends and peers to events and programs
- Post about Harpur Edge on social media
- Brainstorm new ideas for promoting Harpur Edge and improving the Ambassador program
What's in it for you?
- Early ability to RSVP to Harpur events
- Cool Harpur Edge swag!
- Food and other perks!
How much time will this take?
This shouldn't take a lot of time! Most activities can be incorporated into your regular daily activities. Check in with the office at least weekly to let us know what you've been up to.
Interested? Please submit this form and we will be in touch!