Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Human Resources


When reporting the volunteers to the Office of Human Resources, it is mandatory to provide the following information regardless of what category they fall under:

If the person is not a U.S. citizen, we would prefer to have their Visa status but this is not a requirement.

The volunteer must be placed in one of the following three categories:

If you have questions about these "volunteer" types, please contact Human Resources at 72187.

End Date

A tentative end date should be provided for all volunteers and contributors.

ID Cards & Parking

All volunteers are eligible to receive ID cards. Once the department submits a  HR Form appointing a volunteer, the volunteer should wait about one week and then go to the Student Wing of the Lecture Hall to receive their ID card. Volunteers will have limited access with these ID cards. If someone is a Contributor Services Instructor or Visiting Researcher/Scholar/Professional, they will have the same access as faculty members have. If a person is a volunteer and employee, their employee person type will take priority on the ID card. However, the volunteer status will be entered onto the person record in the system.

Once a volunteer picks up their ID card, they are then able to go to Parking Services in the Ground Floor of the Couper Administration Building to secure parking for their vehicle. Please note that there will be a $25 charge for a parking decal.

Return to top of page

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 9/22/14