Our Payroll staff is dedicated to providing quality customer service for all payroll functions. These services include issuing accurate and timely paychecks, processing leave accruals and time records, tax withholding and direct deposit, university training related to payroll and accruals, and maintaining payroll records. We also ensure that all services are in compliance with Federal, State and Civil Service Regulations, Bargaining Unit Agreements, SUNY Policies of the Board of Trustees, and Binghamton University Policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here to view a list of frequently asked payroll related questions
- Getting Paid by New York State: How to Understand Payroll Documents
- Brief Description of New York State Form W-2 Statements
- LAG Payroll - Pay type that is used for NYS agencies whose employees are paid on a lag basis;
that is, the employees receive a check at the end of a pay period, as defined by Administration
pay cycle for service performed in the 2 week pay period that began 4 weeks earlier
than the check date and ended 2 weeks earlier than the check date.
For example, if an employee is hired on the first day of an Administration pay cycle and is paid on a lag basis, and the dates of the employee's first pay period are Thursday, 4/10 through Wednesday, 4/23, the employee will not receive a check on 4/23. Rather, the employee will have to wait another 2 weeks to receive his/her first check. Therefore, the employee will receive his/her first check on 5/7 for service performed 4/10-4/23, since the employee will be paid on a 2 week lag basis. Likewise, if an employee that is paid on a lag basis is terminated on the last day of a pay period, the employee will receive his/her final check 2 weeks after the termination date for service performed in the 2 weeks immediately prior to the termination date.
Payroll Related Forms
Click here to view the payroll related forms available for downloading on our Forms page
Student Payroll Service Center
- The Student Payroll Service Center, located in the Administration Building - Room 225, distributes payroll checks for both University and Research Foundation Employees.
- The Student Payroll Service Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM throughout the academic year and from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM in the Summer.
Timesheets and Leave Records
Please see our Time and Attendance page
Faculty / Staff / Graduate & Teaching Assistant Payroll Calendar (select Administration, Lag)
HR & Payroll Transaction Processing Deadlines
Click here for a complete list of bargaining unit salary schedules.
Tax Treaty Benefits
International employees may be eligible for tax treaty benefits.
Click here to view the Extra Service & Dual Employment page.
Supervisor of All University Payrolls
Payroll Examiner 2
Office Assistant 1
Office Assistant 2
Payroll Distribution Center
Instructional Support Assistant