We have consolidated all of our University news sources into one location called BingUNews. Inside stories published through 2016 will remain available here. Stories published in 2017 and later will be found at BingUNews. Enjoy!
Student Opinion of Teaching Requests for summer 2011
June 27, 2011Tweet
To request online SOOT using Blackboard or paper SOOT survey forms go to http://blackboard.binghamton.edu/ and follow these steps:
1. Enter your PODS username and password to login to Blackboard.
2. From the list of Tools on the left side of the page, click on SOOT Surveys.
3. Choose paper or online from the pull-down list for each course you want surveyed and hit Request Surveys.
For online surveys:
Once you have completed these steps, the survey will become available for the students enrolled in your course. Your students will use Blackboard to respond to the SOOT survey during the surveying period only (no extensions can be granted):
• Term I – June 13 to July 1, 2011
• Term II – July 25 to Aug. 12, 2011
• For courses with an ending date different than Term I or II – 21 days before the end of class until the end of class.
If any other persons enrolled in your Blackboard course have been given the role of “Instructor”, they will also have the opportunity to request a SOOT survey.
To maximize responses:
• give your students several reminders
• inform your students that the survey is anonymous and that faculty members see only the aggregated results after they have submitted final course grades.
Results will become available 14 days after the end of class. You will need to go into Blackboard to access and print your SOOT results.
If you have any questions about using Blackboard, call the Help Desk at 607-777-6420.
For paper survey forms:
Once you have requested your forms, print the confirmation and instruction sheet for use when administering the SOOT. Your forms will be delivered via campus mail within 3-4 working days. Remember this required processing time when ordering. Completed surveys must be returned to the Computing Services Help Desk within 24 hours.
Results will become available 14 days after the end of class. You will need to go into Blackboard to access and print your SOOT results. Hard copies of SOOT results are no longer sent.
If you have questions about using paper SOOT forms, call the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at 607-777-6939.
Note: Regardless of whether you choose online or paper, if the instructor of the course you are teaching is listed as “TBA” in Banner, you will not be able to request a SOOT survey. Your department will need to contact the Registrar’s Office in order to update the information in Banner.