Important considerations for living on campus
Following are the important considerations to make note of for living on campus:
- The campus housing license is a legally binding contract between you and Binghamton University. When you choose to live on campus, you are agreeing to live on campus for the entire academic year (August-May) and cannot move off campus in the spring semester. The housing license also explains all the rights and responsibilities you can expect and be held accountable to. Please review this agreement here.
- If you choose to live on campus, you will be required to purchase a meal plan.
- Housing costs will vary based on the residential community. A breakdown of housing and meal costs can be found here.
- New students can sign up for on-campus housing online. You must have already paid your enrollment deposit and activated your Binghamton e-mail account prior to using the online form here: https://home.binghamton.edu/StarRezPortal/SingleSignIn/CAS.aspx
- The housing sign-up form will allow you to indicate your housing preferences, but is not a guarantee you will receive the community assignment you requested. Housing assignments are based on where space is available and who requires it.
- You can find a list of what to bring and what not to bring as you move in to your dorm on the ResLife website.
- Information on special housing options can be found here.