NYS Traffic Laws You Must Obey
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a very serious crime in New York State.
- A blood alcohol level of .08 is considered to be DWI. You can be arrested and lose your driving privileges.
- You can find more information on DWI here.
Cell phone use:
- In New York State, you must have a "hands-free device" to use your cell phone in the
car while you are driving. This law is in effect on BU campus and on all roads or
- More information on cell phone use can be found here.
Seat Belt Use:
- The driver and all passengers in a motor vehicle must always wear their seat belt.
- Infants and children must be in appropriately sized infant or child car seats.
- More information can be found here.
If Stopped By the Police:
- Know what to do if you get pulled over by the police. Visit this weblink for more information:http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enforce/WhatHappensEnglish.pdf