FAQs About Taxes

ISSS staff are neither qualified nor permitted to give individual tax advice. Students with complicated tax situations may wish to consult with a tax preparation service, professional tax accountant, or tax attorney who is knowledgeable about nonresident tax law.

ISSS has purchased a license for Glacier Tax Prep, an internet-based income tax preparation product for non-residents. Glacier Tax Prep will prepare and print your federal tax forms. For more information on this product, see Free Federal Tax Preparation SoftwareThis is a free service.

Once you have logged in to Glacier Tax Prep, if you have questions while completing Federal Tax Forms, click on the Help Link in Glacier Tax Prep to submit a question to the GTP Support Center.

If you have issues accessing Glacier Tax Prep, contact the ISSS Office (607.777.2510, isss@binghamton.edu).

After you complete your federal tax return, and it is determined you must also file a state tax return, you can link to Sprintax, an internet-based product for state income tax preparation.  See New York State Tax Forms for more information. There is a fee associated with this service.

Once you have logged in to Sprintax, if you have questions while completing your State Tax Forms, click on the Contact Us link for different ways to get assistance.

To view frequently asked questions and answers related to income taxes, click here.

Last Updated: 2/16/17