Google Apps at Binghamton University
Binghamton University announced that it has partnered with Google to provide our students, faculty and staff tools to enhance communication and collaboration.
Google Apps Education Edition is a suite of hosted communication and collaboration applications designed for institutions of higher education. Google Apps Education Edition will provide additional features beyond e-mail. Larger mail boxes, expanded data storage, a calendar system, documentation storage and a website creation tool. Users will continue to use their existing @binghamton.edu e-mail address.
Gmail – unlimited free storage, built-in IM, voice and video chat, mobile access, spam and virus protection, IMAP, POP and Google powered e-mail search
Google Calendar – share calendars with anyone on campus – class or exam schedules, group meetings, or events
Google Talk – Instant messaging, free calling (VOIP)/voice-mail box, file transfer, group chat
Google Drive - store everything, share anything with Google Drive. Google Drive is available on your Mac, PC, Android or IOS device. (formerly Google Docs)
Google Sites – team website creation with videos, images, gadgets and documents integration
Google Video – securely share videos with your school
Google Groups - Create your own moderated forums and mailing lists featuring strong sharing and management controls.
- Same e-mail address – your address remains the same (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No user sign-up – accounts will be created by the ITS department
- More storage – BMail powered by Google offers unlimited free storage
- Larger attachments – send and receive 25mb attachments
- Spam and virus protection – less spam and viruses in your inbox
- No Ads – all current faculty, staff and students accounts are ad free. After you graduate, you may be presented with ads just like a normal Gmail account
- You can keep your mail address for life as long as you graduate or retire from Binghamton University
For more information about Google Apps at Binghamton University please see our Google Apps Help Center page and the Google Apps @Binghamton Frequently Asked Questions.