ITS Governance and Committees
ACADEMIC COMPUTING AND EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE (Joint) – ACET
(Approved by Faculty Senate on February 20, 1996)
1. to advise the Faculty Senate, the Associate Vice President for Computing and Educational Technology [now, Information Technology Services - ITS], and the administration on matters of Computer Center policy and administration, and
2. to serve as a liaison between the faculty and the Computer Center.
Composition (Approved by Faculty Senate on November 5, 2002):
The Academic Computing and Educational Technology Committee is a Joint Committee between the Provost and the Faculty Senate as described in Article IV, Title B. 2. of the Faculty Bylaws.
The Academic Computing and Educational Technology Committee consists of fourteen members total, the Provost who is Chair, the Vice Provost for Administration, the Associate Vice President for Computing and Educational Technology, seven faculty drawn from various schools and the Library, two additional members chosen by the Provost, a graduate student, and an undergraduate student.
- Chair: Donald J. Loewen, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Associate Professor
- James Burns, Music Department
- Kenneth Chiu, Computer Science
- James Conroy, ITS, Academic Computing Services
- Edward Corrado, Libraries
- Brandon Evans, Undergraduate Student
- Karen Kozlowski, Harpur/Humanities/Theater
- Tongshu Ma, School of Management
- Cheryl Monachino, Watson School and Director of Industrial Outreach
- JoAnn Navarro, Associate Vice President for Administrative Services and Interim Chief Information Officer
- Donald Nieman, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- James Pitarresi, Assitant Provost and Executive Director for the Center for Learning and Teaching
- Norman Quinn, Associate Director, Information Technology Services
- Frank Saraceno, Associate Director, Information Technology Services
- Andrew Tucci, Director, Educational Communications Center
- Bruce White, Physics
- Stephen Zahorian, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Graduate Student Organization
SPECIAL TOPICS COMMITTEES
Pods Committee (Pods): This committee is charged with making purchase and standards recommendations for the public PC labs and Information Commons areas. Membership is from the Associate Deans of the Colleges and representatives of Academic Computing and EdComm. The Chair is Frank Saraceno, Acting Director of Academic & Client Services.
Learning Environment Committee (Classrooms): This committee is charged with setting standards for classroom equipment, and for establishing priorities for classroom renovations. Membership is from faculty who have volunteered to participate, and representatives of EdComm, Physical Facilities and Academic Computing. The Chair is Michele Ponczek, Director of Space Planning Resources.
Blackboard Advisory Committee (Blackboard): This committee is charged with providing advice to the campus on issues related to Blackboard use and upgrades. Membership is from faculty who have volunteered to participate, the Center for Professional Development, and Academic Computing. The Chair is Carol Bell, Director of the Center for Professional Development.
Banner Steering Committee (Banner): This committee was established to manage the overall Banner student system implementation, and to make policy and priority recommendations as needed for the success of the project. Membership is from the Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs, Administration, Student Affairs, External Affairs, plus the Vice Provost for Administration, Associate VP for ITS, and the Banner Project Leader. The Chair is the Provost/VP for Academic Affairs.
Pegasus Operational Team (Oracle): This committee was established to provide mid-level management and direction for the Binghamton Business System (Oracle) – Human Resources and Financial Accounting. Membership is the Associate VP for Administrative Services, Director of Human Resources, Assistant VP for Administrative Affairs, Associate VP for ITS, and the Coordinator, Binghamton Business Systems. The Coordinator of BBS coordinates the meetings, but there is no chair.