Plan ahead for limited access to campus systems and applications...
The following services will be available:
- B-mail and calendaring
- Wired and wireless network access
- Access to the internet via web browsers such as Internet Explorer and Chrome
- Campus phone system
- Access to the SUNY portal
These services will be unreliable or not available due to continuous maintenance throughout the day:
- Library accounts in the Library Catalog and Primo
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Off-campus access to databases, e-journals, and e-books
What can you do?
With limited systems available on Maintenance Day, here are some ways to spend your time:
- Attend Retirement Education Day!
- Are you in the early or mid-career stage of your life, or will you soon be retiring? Human Resources is pleased to once again host Retirement Education Day on Tuesday, April 11 in Lecture Halls 1 and 2. Representatives from Fidelity, Metlife, TIAA, NYS Deferred Compensation, Valic and Voya will present various retirement planning workshops. Since April 11 is also campus Technology Maintenance Day, attending the workshops is a terrific opportunity to learn retirement planning strategies no matter what stage of your career you are in.
- Clean up and organize files both electronically and in your physical office space.
- Back up your work.
- Get in a morning swim before work, or jump in on a lunchtime basketball game! Your complimentary access lets you check-in to the Recreation Center from 5:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday for morning and lunchtime open recreation activities. You must have your University ID to enter the Recreation Center.
Outdoor facilities are also open dusk to dawn for use except during inclement weather or special events.
- Get moving! Take some time to wander across campus and see new areas you haven't seen before.