Connecting to busecure with Mac OS X 10.6
Connecting to busecure (WPA2/WPA2 Enterprise) with Mac OS X 10.6
Instructions (These instructions are specific to Mac OS X 10.6.8 but will generally apply to other versions of OS X 10.6 and OS X 10.5.)
Create a Mac OS X profile for busecure.
1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. Select Network. Click on AirPort on the left. Make sure AirPort is on (the button will read Turn AirPort Off when the AirPort is on). 'Ask to join new networks' should be checked. Click Advanced.
2. Click the 802.1x tab. Click the plus sign (+) in the lower left corner of the window, then select Add User Profile.
3. Enter busecure as the name of the new profile in the User Profile area. Enter your Binghamton University Computer Account (PODS) user id and password in the corresponding fields. Deselect TTLS. Make sure that PEAP is the only option selected. Select busecure in the Wireless Network field and WPA2 Enterprise as Security Type. Do not click OK.
4. Select the Airport tab on the top left.
5. Click the plus (+) sign underneath Preferred networks. Enter busecure in the Network Name field. Select WPA2 Enterprise in the Security field. Additional fields will appear. Enter your Binghamton University Computer Account (PODS) user id and password in the corresponding fields. Select Automatic in the 802.1X field. Select Remember this network. Click Add.
6. The SSID busecure will display in the Preferred Networks window. You may click and hold it, dragging it so it is the first entry in the list of Preferred Networks. 'Remember any network this computer has joined' should be checked. Click OK.
7. Select busecure in the Network Name pull-down. Click Apply.
8. You may be asked to Verify Certificate. Click Continue. (You may have to disconnect and reconnect to busecure to see this prompt. Network access will not occur without selecting Continue).
Enter your Binghamton University Computer Account (PODS) user id and password. Click OK.