Test Scoring and SOOT submission
Information Technology Services receives and scans (mark-sense form) exams, surveys and SOOT evaluations. All exams, surveys, and SOOT evaluations need to be brought to the Help Desk for receipt and processing. Within 24 hours of submission, typically much sooner, the exams are scored and results are available for pickup. Pickup of scanned exams is done through the ITS Help Desk. Scanning of surveys and SOOT evaluations are typically done within one week of submission.
Test Scoring Updates
Test scoring results have been updated as of May 18, 2015. Please review this reference document for details on these changes.
The following form is the ONLY test scoring form that can be scanned and is available from the ITS Help Desk.
The form will allow for 240 questions and is labeled "SUNY Binghamton General Purpose Answer Sheet". This is the only form (form # 231844) accepted by ITS for test scoring.
Hours of Availability
Drop-off / Pick-up hours (at the Help Desk) are:
Fall and Spring Semester While classes are in session
Monday- Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with extended hours Monday - Thursday.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer and Winter Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Note - Hours subject to change when classes are not in session.
Process for scanning exams:
- Course instructor or TA brings exam (s) with completed answer keys to ITS Help Desk
- ITS Help Desk receives exams (s) with completed answer keys. They will ensure administrative portion of answer key is properly filled out and will issue a transaction form (receipt) to the individual dropping off the exam(s).
- Exam (s) are scanned (typically in less than 24 hours) with results e-mailed and/or available for pickup at the ITS Help Desk.
- Course instructor or TA returns to ITS Help Desk with the transaction form (received when exam initially dropped off at the ITS Help Desk) to pick up scanned exam and results.
- ITS Help Desk retrieves exam and scanned results and provides the same to the Course Instructor or TA. The transaction form (receipt) is kept on file with the Operations staff.
After Hours Drop-off
Information Technology Services has installed a secure drop box to drop off exams for scanning when the ITS Help Desk is closed. Click here for details about this service.