Client Support Services
Client Support Services of Information Technology Services at Binghamton University provides hardware and software support to the members of the Binghamton University Community. (See Org Chart).
Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to all our clients.
Composition of Client Support Services
Client Support Services is composed of three entities:
- ITS Help Desk - The ITS Help Desk is available to assist students, faculty and staff with technical problems or questions for many IT services. The ITS Help Desk serves as the initial point of contact for reporting problems or inquiring about technology used at the University. The ITS Help Desk is staffed with both full time staff and is supplemented with student assistants.
- Desktop Support - Desktop Support provides the following services to faculty and staff of Binghamton University:
- Second level support for operating system and software issues placed to the ITS Help Desk.
- Diagnostic analysis of PC and laptop problems.
- Network share drives (H: and/or S:)
- Printer configuration.
- Price quotations for new PCs, laptops and printers.
- PC and smart phone setup and initial configuration.
- Computer Cleanup.
- Hardware Recycling.
- Computer repairs for University owned computer equipment.
- ResCon Program - The Information Technology Services Residential Computer Consulting Program (ResCon) provides technical support to students living on campus. The ITS Help Desk is the central point of contact for and refers problems to ResCons. ResCons contact students and make house calls to the residents, referring unresolved calls to Senior ResCons who refer unresolved issues to a coordinator at the Computer Center.
Associate Director Interim, Client Support Services