Applied Mechanics and Design
Mechanics and design with emphasis on solid mechanics/stress analysis, biomechanics, vibrations
- Chenglin Yi, Xiaoming Chen, Liuyang Zhang, Xianqiao Wang, Changhong Ke. “Nanomechanical z-shape folding of graphene on flat substrate.” Extreme Mechanics Letters. Dec 2016.
- Chaochao Zhou, Sha Jin, Ryan Willing. “Simulation of extracellular matrix remodeling by fibroblast cells in soft three-dimensional bioresorbable scaffolds.” Biomechanics and modeling in mechanobiology, Dec 2016.
- Congrui Jin, Marco Salviato, Weixin Li, Gianluca Cusatis. “Elastic microplane formulation for transversely isotropic materials.” Journal of Applied Mechanics. Jan 2017.
Current Funded Research
- Characterization of Electrolyte Wetting in Lithium-Ion Battery Electrodes - UT Battelle LLC
- Investigating the Structural and Mechanical Properties of Boron Nitride Nanotubes and their Polymer Nanocomposites - US Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- Collaborative Research: Experimental and Computational Nanomechanics of the Load Transfer Mechanisms at the Graphene Polymer Interface - National Science Foundation
Changhong Ke (PI), Paul Chiarot (Co-PI), Junghyun Cho (Co-PI)
- MRI: Acquisition of an Integrated Scanning Probe-Raman Microscope - National Science Foundation
- Modeling and Reliability Analysis - Juniper Networks Incorporated
- Designing Packages to Control Warpage for Higher Yield Reliability - Application to Heterogeneously Integrated Packages - Samsung Electronics Co LTD
- Deflection, Strain Response and Fracture Strength Measurement of Corning Gorilla Glass during Ball Drop at Component Level and during the entire Device Drop 1028P0000294584/1028P0000299734 - Corning Incorporated
- Unrestricted Support from Hospital for Special Surgery - Hospital for Special Surgery
- Multiobjective Design-Optimization of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty - National Institute of Arthritis Musculoskeletal & Skin
- Unrestricted Research Support - Force and Motion Foundation