Materials characterization, microstructure/property relationships, thin films, computational materials, interfacial phenomena, functional materials, materials processing
- Congrui Jin, Zhixin Wang, Alex A Volinsky, Asma Sharfeddin, Nathan D Gallant. “Mechanical characterization of crosslinking effect in polydimethylsiloxane using nanoindentation.” Polymer Testing. Dec 2016.
- Hanlei Zhang, Khim Karki, Yiqing Huang, M Stanley Whittingham, Eric A Stach, Guangwen Zhou. “An Atomic Insight Into the Layered/spinel Phase Transformation in Charged LiNi0. 80Co0. 15Al0. 05O2 Cathode Particles.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C. Jan 2017.
- Qiyue Yin, Fan Gao, Zhiyong Gu, Jirui Wang, Eric A Stach, Guangwen Zhou. “Interface dynamics in one-dimensional nanoscale Cu/Sn couples.” Acta Materiallia. Feb 2017.
Current Funded Research
- Materials Characterization in Electronics Packages Analog Devices. Characterization of ZnO and TiO2 Coatings - N2 Biomedical LLC.
- Characterization of Conformal Composite Coatings - BAE Systems Controls Incorporated
- Ultraviolet (UV) Curable Polyurethane Coatings with Improved Moisture Barrier Properties - NYS Energy Research and Development Authority
- Materials Synthesis and Simulations Across Scales (MS3) Richland, WA, USA - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- In Situ Visualization and Theoretical Modeling of Early Stages of Oxidation of Metals and Alloys - US Department of Energy.
- Collaborative Research: situ Characterization of Methanol Oxidation Catalyzed By Copper-Based Materials - National Science Foundation
- Collaborative Research: Investigation of Fundamental properties of Lead-Free Nanosolders for Nanoscale Assembly and Nano-Joining - National Science Foundation.
Stanley Whittingham (PI), Guangwen Zhou (Co-PI)
Northeast Center for Chemical Energy Storage (NECCES) - US Department of Energy.