Heat and mass transfer in biological/environmental/industrial applications, microfluidics/nanofluidics, complex fluids, interfacial phenomena/wetting
- Frank Yong. “Hydrodynamic Interactions and Entanglements of Polymer Solutions in Many-Body Dissipative Particle Dynamics.” Polymers. Dec 2016.
- Congrui Jin, Ali Davoodabadi, Jianlin Li, Yanli Wang, Timothy Singler. “Spherical indentation of a freestanding circular membrane revisited: analytical solutions and experiments.” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. Jan 2017.
- Shankar Narayanan, Hyunho Kim, Ari Umans, Sungwoo Yang, Xiansen Li, Scott N Schiffres, Sameer R Rao, Ian S McKay, Carlos A Rios Perez, Carlos H Hidrovo, Evelyn N Wang. “A thermophysical battery for storage-based climate control.” Applied Energy. March 2017.
Current Funded Research
- CAREER: Additive Manufacturing using Electrospray Printing of Nanoparticle Inks - National Science Foundation
- Electrospray Deposition of PTFE Coatings - Schick Manufacturing Incorporated
- Electrohydrodynamic Atomization of Fuels Using Charge-Injection for Efficient Flameless Catalytic Combustion at Small Scale - American Chemical Society
- MRI: Development of a Microfluidic Instrument for High-throughout Production of Asymmetric Vesicles to Support Membrane Biology Research - National Science Foundation
- Contact Dynamics and Flow Blockage Inhibition of Armored Bubbles Inside Confining Flow Conduits - American Chemical Society
- Intergovernmental Personnel Agreement for Bruce Murray - US Food and Drug Administration
- Mesoscale Modeling of Stimuli-Responsive Composite Colloids at Oil-Water Interfaces - American Chemical Society
Frank Yong (PI), Paul Chiarot (Co-PI), Tim Singler (Co-PI)
- Inkjet-Electrospray Hybrid Printing: Understanding the Processing-Structure Relationship - National Science Foundation.
- Chiarot, Paul
- Huang, Peter
- Murray, Bruce
- Schiffres, Scott
- Singler, Timothy
- Yong, Xin (Frank)
- Dorel Homentcovschi