Yi Shi, PhD
Research Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Office: Academic B, Room G27
- Chemo- and radio-therapeutics
- Nanoparticle drug delivery
- Platinum-based anticancer therapeutics
- Bachelor of Science, chemistry with minor in biotechnology, Jilin University, China
- Doctor of Philosophy, chemistry, Syracuse University
Yi Shi received her Bachelor of Science in chemistry with minor in biotechnology from Jilin University in 2007 and PhD in Chemistry under the supervision of Dr. James C. Dabrowiak from Syracuse University in 2012. She has been working in Dr. Anthony J. Di Pasqua’s research group since 2013, as a postdoctoral research associate in 2013-2016 at the University of North Texas Health Science Center System College of Pharmacy and a research assistant professor in Binghamton University from September 2016.
Shi’s research focused on nanomaterials for use in chemo- and radiotherapeutics and she worked on several projects to construct radioactive magnetic nanoparticles and test their therapeutic activities both in vitro and in vivo with lung cancer and skin cancer models.