There are several special programs available to pre-health students within Harpur College. Some of these are internal to Binghamton University, while others involve an articulation agreement with another university. Most require that you be a sophomore or junior to participate; one admits second semester freshman.
- Binghamton University — SUNY Upstate Medical University Early Assurance Program
Binghamton University — SUNY Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Early Assurance Program
Binghamton University — SUNY Optometry Joint Degree Program (this is the exception mentioned above)
Additional information about the programs listed above can be obtained from the Freshman-Sophomore Handbook. Students interested in any of the three Early Assurance Programs should also read the instructional material contained in another section of this web page: Information for Applicants. Once you have read this information, you should pursue any questions you have with Lynne Datto, the Pre-Health Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) or with Dr. W. Thomas Langhorne, the Pre-Health Advisor for sophomores, juniors and seniors (email@example.com).
- Harpur College Binghamton Area Physician Mentor Program: Pre-Med sophomores and juniors
are eligible to apply. Applications are due to Dr. W. Thomas Langhorne in Academic B G-18 by June 15th. The program description and application can be found here.
- Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program: Current Binghamton University pre-medicine sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply. We are no longer accepting applications for 2015. Please check back in late November/early December for the 2016 Application.
- Read what current physician mentors and past student participants have to say about the program: http://binghamton.edu/harpur/perspective/alumni/md-mentors.html!
- Click here for more information about the Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program
- Please contact Michelle Jones or Rachael Perry if you have any questions about the Harpur College Summer Physician Mentor Program.